Friday, May 15, 2009

Hotel Spitting

I'm working on a column about hotels and the joys to be found therein.

Since I always seem to flash back to some idiotic personal experience at some point in every column, I was just reminiscing with myself about the Hotel Macdonald in Edmonton.

We used to stay there all the time, with Mom and Dad in one room, and us little kids in an adjoining one. One of the first things we always did was to open the windows, lean out, and commence raining gobs of spit down upon whatever was below us.

I would hereby like to apologise to any unfortunately rained-upon guests or pedestrians I may have bombarded during these moments that were so much fun we almost peed ourselves laughing.

I am deeply ashamed and promise never to do it again.

When anyone is watching.

No comments: