Saturday, August 1, 2009

And the winner is...

I would be terribly remiss if I didn't mention that my co-humourist and writer friend Carl Vine, of Somewhere in Ohio, is a finalist in the Robert Benchley Society annual humor writing contest competition thing. You can read his entry here: http://www.robertbenchley.org/2009_competition/09-029.htm

You can find a link to his very funny blog down there on the left somewhere...

He and I have both entered the HumorPress.com contest so I think it would be entirely appropriate for me to win that one, and have Carl win the Robert Benchley one. He would get flown to Boston to a gala dinner with the society crowd.

I would get 100 bucks. Huh.

Anyway I wish him nothing but success as we both make valiant attempts at making people chuckle.

3 comments:

P Shane McAfee said...

Would this be a bad time to bring up that I also entered the Humor Press contest? :)

Carl Vine said...

Hey! That's a hundred bucks "American!"

And thanks for the nod,

Carl Vine

P Shane McAfee said...

Wow, that yields nearly an extra $8. LOL