Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Disturbing Insight

So I woke up this morning (thank goodness!), thinking about a Ballet for Fat Guys. Weird huh?

I have no idea why that particular terpsichorean muse happened upon my fevered brain. Did I suddenly have a desire to star in Swan Lake? Was my brain in some way telling me to become more lithe and athletic such that I could fling tutu-clad females across the lighted stage?

Am I supposed to actually write a ballet and take it to New York and become a star choreographer?

I have no idea.

So the disturbing insight here would be into the mind of a humour writer, and where his idiotic ideas come from. This writer has no idea.

I also have no idea what to do with it (the idea). A column? A witty aside? An article about fat guys in ballet?

It actually may inspire me to stage an event I've wanted to do for some time. I read about it ages ago and it delighted me then and continues to do so today.

It is called a Fat Guy Marathon. One mile. Downhill. Stop for a beer and a hot dog half way.
Fun huh?

Maybe if I accomplish that feat, I could move on to ballet.

In the meantime I'll look up who George Wendt's agent is. He played Norm on Cheers - I could use him for the ballet. And the marathon too actually. Spokesman maybe.

I'll let you know what develops.

Weird.

No comments: