Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Basking...

As I bask in the glow of a grateful public who are sated at last after my enormous contest win (I just threw up a little bit writing that), I can pause and reflect on what's going on around me.

We gave the kids Nintendo DSi's early for Christmas this year. We are going away (with the kids this time) and wanted them to have something to play with on the drive to the lower mainland, which, depending on conditions, could be either a 3 hour blast or 8 hour hellish nightmare. So it's good to be prepared. I have my knife and fork ready in case we turn into a modern day Donner Party.

Oh how cute - the kids are using their new Nintendo computer thingy's to re-task a Predator drone in Afghanisan!

"Don't blow away another wedding party kids!" I say helpfully.

"Oh, and are you adjusting the bank lending rate this week or will you leave it alone for the holidays kids?" I ask. They really are whizzes when it comes to computers.

Anyway, I'm off to the Cheap Crap For a Dollar store for some last minute stocking stuffers.

I also have to take the dog into the vet since she's more than her usual wobbly self, post-stroke.
She is also draining all the terlet bowls in the house with wild abandon, so maybe she's a little thirstier than usual - which I'll get checked out as well. She's drinking water in the same volumes I anticipate pounding back the Bailey's Irish Cream when we get to my sisters place. Kindred spirits I guess.

"Hey cool kids! I didn't think you could aim the Hubble telescope towards Earth! Pan left a little and maybe we can see what the neighbours are building out back there..."

Anyway, this is probably my last post for a few days. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: