Monday, September 6, 2010

Bookshelf Cleanout



I have been putting off the bookshelves for many months now, so I finally decided to get down to it.

The piles of paperbacks, hard covers and magazines was growing unwieldy, overflowing its shelves, piling up on the floor around the bookcase.  Something had to give.

The way I usually do this is to just pull everything off the shelves into various piles, dust the shelves (not the whole shelf - just the spots where the books weren't), then start re-arranging my treasures back in some semblance of organization.  It is a wonderful project that would consume a couple of hours.

Eight hours later I had a sore bottom, I had missed dinner, and I had begun reading about a dozen books I had long forgotten I had.  I wound up with a dozen more books beside the bed, joining the 20 or so that I had already there.  The piles of literature wound up stacked on the dusty shelves, and a new box of extra's was now sitting in the corner.

All in all I'd call it a successful operation.

No comments: